12.13.2006

oh yes. yesssss.

I have a soft spot for Nintendo. Oh, you do too? Then I'll be your favorite person of the hour.

Check out "Mission in Snowdriftland," an online game brought to you by those clever Nintendo people. It's actually an Advent calendar, but rest assured ain't no mini Jesus chocolates gonna pop out at you. If you decide to skip the intro you won't be missing anything - basically the little snowman must collect all the snowflakes (and hearts = new life) on each level, and there is a level for each Advent calendar day. I'm totally addicted, and my right wrist is killing me, y'all. Carpel tunnel like a mug. I guess that's what happens when you play online computer games where the only buttons you can use are the directional arrows which are reallyclosetogether.

But really? It's so much fun! And I haven't even gotten halfway through the first level yet! (Don't laugh at me. Go ahead and play and you'll see it's not so easy, what with all the using arrows to move a slippery little guy around a slippery, wintery terrain, complete with tippy icebergs and cutesy beings just waiting for you to run into them.) Also, the initial loading might take awhile, but after that the loading is quick. I hate waiting for loading, I usually won't, so if I'm telling you it's quick, it's quick, okay?

In Other News...

The dinner party last night went beautifully, just as I'd hoped. The company was perfect and so were the pizzas. It was really, really weird to have my parents over, I must admit. They loved the apartment, the food, and I can tell they really want to know Micah better, which is adorable. In general, this dinner party thing? SO MUCH FUN.

No comments: