9.10.2007

no pasa nada

I'm just checking in. I don't have much to say. I've been seriously lazy and craving sweet food like crazy. I daydream about donuts, homemade gooey butter cake, fruit & chocolate fondue, and french toast. It's bad. The only exception to this is the Pot & Kettle "sandwich" from a local bar/restaurant. It's a thick slice of white bread smothered with pot roast and topped with mashed potatoes and gravy and GOOD GOD, I can't get enough. I've already asked Micah if he will bring me some in the hospital after I have this baby.

Six weeks to go. Seems like nothing, but I also hope it goes fast. Not too fast, just fast enough. I'm doing absolutely everything I feel like doing because I know in six little weeks my life will be all about a baby. That means the hedonism is flowing pretty freely right now. I keep thinking "oh, go ahead and do it...soon you won't be able to!" Best reason ever.

We've set up the Pack n Play baby bed/play area/changing table thingy in the bedroom. I've taken tags off of the baby clothes we've received so far because I have to wash them all in special baby detergent before she arrives. I've been brought to tears because the dog discovered one of the baby's adorable new slippers, which he carried around the house and threw around a bit before I found him. It was dirty, but nothing a little Woolite in the kitchen sink couldn't fix. It'll be very interesting to have a young and mouthy dog AND all the soft and inviting toys that accompany a baby.

Everytime I claim to have nothing to write about, I squeek out some paragraphs, huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noooooo!!!! Not the bunnies!!!!!!

-mandy

Gabby said...

Yes. One of the bunnies was tossed around with great delight. I honestly cried. Then I gathered myself and cleaned the little cutie up and now all is well. I didn't speak to the dog for hours.

Gab