6.20.2006

oh crap...

did I just do that?

I think I just contacted Kaplan University about obtaining an online degree. I might have even filled out the FAFSA.

I think I talked to an admissions counselor for 30 minutes. I might have even laughed inappropriately when he told me I could start classes as soon as next week. Whatever happened to starting school in September?

I think I said something about a BS in Information Technology with an emphasis in Web Development. And perhaps I got a tiny bit giddy because I'm being considered for the Advanced Start BS meaning I already got my AA and I won't have to do the bullshit classes, and the word "advanced" is keeping me sane at the moment. Slightly.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT because I'm more than a little frightened at the idea of being solely responsible for my education. But damn, it sounds nice to never set foot in a classroom short on lefty desks and long on boring lectures.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT because it's $305 a credit hour, and if those FAFSA fairies don't loan me oh, I dunno, ALL OF THAT, I won't be attending any time soon. At least if they judge me solely on my 2005 tax return they'll see I'm one poor-ass chica. Can't I write a fucking awesome essay and get some sort of grant? "Grant" is the most beautiful word I've ever heard.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT because this just might be IT. No pun intended. Notify my mother.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE! That is super exciting that you are seriously considering the school thang! Now we can all have study parties and freak out about finals together! We can also freak about about student loans together, which I am about to do in just a few minutes. I have to come up with the rest of the money for my $900 a credit hour so it could be worse. Chin up!

-Mandy

Gabby said...

OH MY GOD $900 a credit hour? WHAT?

Anonymous said...

Damn Catholics and their private univeristies. Bahhhh!