1.18.2008

screw Wednesday

Hello! Here I am! Baby Land sure is grrreat!
No really, it is. Mostly.

The baby is wonderful. It is the lack of Me Time and cold weather blues that make me feel a little crazy some days. But sometimes cool things come of boredom, right? Like how I suggested we reorganize the apartment and suddenly the t.v. and cable were unplugged and we were committed at that point. Apartment reorganizing feels itchy and chaotic while it's happening, while colossal dustbunnies are exposed, while you find strange aspects of familiar areas. As long as the t.v. is unplugged, I feel restless, like, ok, we're officially DOING THIS, let's move it along, pleeze! We're at T-minus 2 hours for Housewives - the real kind, not the desperate kind, Micah. You'll love it. Now where's the fuckin' futon gonna go?

Baby is stirring, dangit. How long should I let her stir? Until she cries? Until she cries hard? Am I spoiling her if I don't let her squirm for a minute? Will this make her greedy and demanding when she's older? FUCK ME, THIS IS HARDDDDD.

Some pictures? I thought you'd never demand. (I just went and turned the baby towards the t.v. I keep my Great Mommy Award on the back of the toilet, in case you were wondering. But Mommy needs to bloooog, damnit. Let her! LET HER HAVE HER MINUTES, CHILD. Am I not blogging ABOUT YOU?)

First of all, this is Sasha and the blanket my mom made for her. The plain pink side is soft as...well, baby skin. Sasha has big love for this blanket.


When has taken to snorgling her face into the soft fringe when she's sleepy. I find this absolutely adorable.


This is Sasha with the infamous Brenda. Brenda is so loud and outgoing, it would be impossible for a baby to not be smitten. I found it very interesting that Sasha spent a long time looking at the words on Brenda's shirt. She also stares at the writing on my water cup. Already a reader! Hot damn!

Here is Curte, Micah's brother and good friend. Talk about smitten. He's head over heels for her. I think she tolerates him because he and Micah make similar noises.

This is Sasha making out with her other love, Chicken, who has a nice big orange beak for her to play tonsil hockey with. I believe the moment I captured here is Chicken gagging my daughter with his inexperienced kissing skillz.

This is me singing to Crankie NoPants.

I usually sing a very jacked up but hilarious version of that song that goes

Hush little baby, don't say a word, Momma's gonna buy you a mocking bird, and if that mocking bird don't sing, Momma's gonna buy you a diamond ring...

And that's where I get a little fuzzy about the lyrics. So I continue to sing, attempting never to succumb to a moment of silence, because when I actually get her to be quiet I don't give up until I'm good and sure, you know?

And if that diamond ring don't shine, Momma's gonna buy you a porcupine, and if that porcupine isn't sharp, Momma's gonna buy you a purple harp, and if that purple harp don't play, Momma's gonna buy you a sunny day...

That's the normal version. It gets downright sick at times, but she can't understand yet, so whatevs.

Now someone please engage me in some adult conversation. Someone other than my husband, mmkay?

No comments: